MapMate may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the issue date stated at the end of this document.
What we collect
We may collect the following information on this website:
- Your name.
- Contact information including your email address.
- Demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other details needed to process your orders for our products and services.
- Logon information such as a licence key and password to access services.
- Information relating to how you use the website and which pages are visited.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For internal record keeping.
- For processing of orders for sales of our products and services.
- To improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send an email alert about new products, checklist updates or other information we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- For you to securely access services on this website.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are small pieces of information left on your computer that can be used to identify you.
We use a single "Strictly Necessary Cookie" only - see Cookies for more details.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites.
Where orders are passed for card payment to our Payment Gateway (PayPoint) and Merchant Bank (HSBC) then:
- No information is supplied by us apart from (i) the total amount due and (ii) our order reference number.
- We do not see or keep your card or other payment details as presented.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on this website your details will be used in accordance with this policy. If you do not wish these details to be used in this way then do not use the forms. If you wish to place an order but do not wish to give the required details online then you can post these by conventional mail.
- Where you have opted for receipt of direct marketing by email you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address below or emailing us at or by changing your preferences from your logon account.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to MapMate Limited, Netherexe House, Netherexe, Exeter, EX5 4DZ, or email us at .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Issued 12-April-2012. Revised 19-May-2012.